Whether you need help with a short-term issue or a long-term one, whether you need treatment for a condition that is causing you suffering or you want to optimize your functioning, we can help. The following are areas of focus in our practice:
- Situational crises. At some point in everyone’s life there is a crisis that requires outside assistance. It could be a problem at work or in your relationships. Living and working with others poses challenges. Roles such as parenting can be very difficult at times. Losing a job or adjusting to a new one and losses of a relationship or the death of a loved one may lead you to reach out. We can help.
- Issues with attention. At Attentive Mind we view attention regulation as essential to all aspects of functioning. Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is just the tip of the iceberg as far as attentional issues are concerned. We can help.
- Problems with the “monkey mind.” Many people complain of rumination and worry and problems with overthinking. We can help.
- Stress. In our society, stress is endemic. Finding ways of dealing with stress is essential for self-care and stopping a spiral into dysfunction and burnout. We can help.
- Insomnia and sleep problems. Good sleep is essential for healthy functioning. Poor sleep can signal the advent of psychological dysfunction and become a significant component of it. We can help.
- Specific diagnoses. Depression, anxiety, panic, post-traumatic stress, post-concussive syndrome and chronic pain are the diagnosed conditions that we most commonly treat. We can help.
- Optimal functioning. You need not seek help just for difficulties–help is available so you can be in top form. We can help.